- Exfoliate 1 – 2 days in advance! Wax at least 24 hours in advance. It is best to shave at minimum 8 hours prior to your session to allow your pores to calm for a smoother spray tan application.
- Manicures and pedicures should be done in advance of your spray tan session. If you get one just before your appointment, wipe or shower off all oils and lotions.
- Remove any remnant color from previous spray tan or self tanners.
- Day-of session please shower using oil-free products. NO DOVE SOAP. Rinse well. It is okay to shower immediately before your appointment, as long as your skin is cool and dry for your tan.
- Come clean. NO deodorants, lotions, makeup, or perfumes. Presence of these items on your skin can affect the way your skin reacts to the solution.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing to your appointment. Sports bras, tight tops, jeans, and tennis shoes can cause uneven development.
- Wear flip-flops or flats. Loose socks and boots can also be worn after your session.
- After the session, wear dark, loose-fitting clothing. Going bra-less (or w/ strapless bra) is recommended. Avoid sweating or coming into contact with water.
- You may wash your hands but try to wait at least a couple hours. Avoid getting the back of the hands/wrists wet.
- When you shower, use a moisturizing body wash to keep your skin hydrated. Avoid loofahs, scrubs, and wash cloths for the week after your tan. Shave sparingly. Pat your skin dry after you shower, don’t rub your skin with the towel. Avoid taking long hot showers and baths.
- Moisturize your skin at least once a day. A gentle moisturizer or coconut oil is recommended. Check your lotion ingredients to ensure they are free of mineral oil and petroleum. You’ll also want to refrain from using products with retinols, alpha hydroxy acid, glycolic and lactic acid.
- Avoid conventional aerosol (spray) sunscreens because they will strip your color faster! Stick to gentle, lotion sunscreens.