With age comes challenges such as the skin becoming wrinkled and fine lines finding grounds all over. While that’s a natural phenomenon, the challenge comes when makeup tools such as foundations, lipsticks, primers, etc., can no longer find reasonable grounds to stay. But, it’s every woman’s dream to find makeup that feels beautiful and makes us look good. For example, eye shadows tend to wear out more quickly on mature skin than any other. That’s why finding the best eye primers for mature skin becomes essential.
Check below for our curated list of the best products designed for mature skin that you can find in today’s market. We know you’ll find one or two that you can use in the days ahead.
|The best eye primers for mature skin||Why we love them|
|Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion||
|Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Primer||
|Revlon Color-stay Eyeshadow Primer||
|Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer||
|NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Eyeshadow Base Primer||
|e.l.f. Essential Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer||
|Milani Eyeshadow Primer||
|COVERGIRL Lid Lock Up Eyeshadow Primer||
|Wet and Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer||
|Ownest 3 Colors Eyeshadow Makeup Primer||
What Primer is the Best for Mature skin?
While several products fit into this category, the key thing to note is that the best primers for mature skin are those that have anti-aging properties; they are hydrating, and they have what it takes to make eyeshadow stay for a long time. If you find a product that fits into this category, the chances are that they are suitable for mature skin, except they contain harsh ingredients such as paraben, alcohol, etc.
Best Eye Primers for Mature Skin in 2023
Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion
When you find a brand that has built a solid reputation in the past years for making fantastic products, you can bank on such a brand. Urban Decay is one of such unique brands, and this anti-aging eyeshadow primer is one of their products that won’t disappoint. It contains Dermaxyl known to help even out the skin texture, making it perfect for those with mature skin issues such as fine lines.
- A nude eyeshadow primer designed to evens the skin texture and tone
- Keep eye shadow—including oily eyelids—crease-free and bold all day
- Measurably improves signs of ageing and helps to smoothen the appearance of Kalpariane plumps and wrinkles over time
- Hydrates and firms the skin as it improves its elasticity and suppleness
- Its optical blurring skin pigments create a smooth effect that reduces the appearance of redness
- Not transfer-proof
Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Primer
This silky formula has what it takes to prep your eyelids all day. It contains a powered ingredient that helps to control excess oil on the skin and sebum. It gives a smooth application and helps to lock in your eyeshadow color all day. With it, you can apply in the morning and attend a party at night without reapplying before the event.
- Helps to set the stage and serve as the perfect base for your eyelids before putting on eye makeup
- Works as a seamless blend and smoother makeup application
- Helps to enhance the pigment of your eye shadow and makes it appear vibrant and bolder without any fallout
- Helps your eye makeup last all day long without the smudging, creasing, or fading issues
- The formula conceals discoloration, revitalizes the appearance of your skin, and balances your complexion
- It can make the skin feel greasy and oily in the long run
- When not correctly applied, it could make the makeup appear patchy
Revlon Color-stay Eyeshadow Primer
Revlon employs a color stay system to give you a crease-free, vibrant, and transfer-proof eyeshadow that lasts all day. Also contains shea butter and a mix of lightweight formulas to provide a smooth surface for your eyeshadow application. It works fine on mature skin and even on all skin tones.
- It uses the color-stay system for crease-proof, all-day wear with vibrant color
- Uses custom shea butter skincare complex to create a smooth and matte base for shadow
- Non-greasy and non-drying formula with a universal shade that also works for all skin tones
- Its formula hugs your lashes for fantastic length, strength, and volume
- Has a buildable and easy-glide formula that gives you that sun-kissed vibe
- Some other products can work as stand-alone makeup, but not this one
- If you want it to sit well, you will have to wait for it to dry before applying makeup
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer
Too faced eyeshadow primer is a product specially made for aging and mature skin. By design, it’s a blurring face primer, and it will visibly and instantly transform your skin quality from only a single-use. It will instantly diffuse lines and offer a soft-focus, natural-looking effect for a healthy complexion. Your skin will feel comfortable all day long, and the appearance will be radiant and smoother than you’ve known it.
- No creasing, smudging, fading, and melting
- Instantly smooths the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and pores
- Features a universal rosy formula that’s infused with a caring serum
- Diffuses the look of lines with a soft-focus and natural-looking finish
- Has a universally flattering formula that helps to boost radiant and healthy-looking skin
- Some customers say its smell can be overwhelming
- It is not easy to wash away at the end of the day
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Eyeshadow Base Primer
Want a creamy and skin-reviving eye primer formula? NYX professional primer is yours to have. It is available in three shades to make up a wide variety of skin tones. When applied, they intensify the shade of eye shadow and extend the longevity of its color. The color will appear a hundred times more vivid, and it will help maximize any iridescent effect.
- A creamy eye shadow primer that ensures a smooth makeup application
- Intensify the skin pigments and prolong the wear of your eye shadow
- Helps to prime your lids for any look with this eye shadow base
- Allows you to go close to nature with the skin tone primer base shade
- It doesn’t come off quickly
e.l.f. Essential Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
Do you want a smoother, crease-proof, and long-lasting eyeshadow? Check out this one from e.l.f. By design, it is lightweight, the formula is liquid and soft enough for it to glide smoothly on the skin. It is comfortable to wear and increases the longevity of your eye color while covering any sign of aging.
- Transforms your face into a smooth and flawless canvas
- Blend evenly and sit makeup perfectly on the face when you allow drying before applying
- Perfect for all skin types—including combination skin
- Designed to work for up to eight hours, so you can look and be your best the whole day
- It is hundred percent free from harsh substances
- Some customers complain that the content dries out very fast
Milani Eyeshadow Primer
If you want to intensify the color of your eyeshadow, Milani primer is the perfect fit for that. Considering that it’s also a perfect fit for mature skin and all skin types makes it more interesting to have. By design, it increases the longevity of your eyeshadow wear with its lightweight and crease-free formula.
- Increase its wear for a day-long experience and intensify the color of your favorite eye shadow
- Goes on nude and dries invisibly to offer a smooth and professional look of your eye shadow
- Formulated to be the perfect base for your smooth, natural, and flawless style
- A small amount that you slide through your eyelids goes a long way
- Free from harsh ingredients, and it’s safe to use
- It is not transfer-proof
- It’s only perfect if you’ll be using a creamy and glossier makeup product
COVERGIRL Lid Lock Up Eyeshadow Primer
Preps your eyelids to intensify your eyeshadow and maximize the wear. It offers an all-day, crease-free eyeshadow effect by its lock-up technology. Mature skin has nothing to worry about because this will cover the imperfections such as fine lines. It dries up quickly, so you won’t have to wait for long to finish your makeup.
- Maximizes the intensity and wear of your eye shadow
- Infused with glycol extract that provides a “wow! so smooth and soft” canvas
- Aids in color correction and coverage from bronzer, blush, foundations, and contouring concealers
- Designed to help create a smooth canvas over which you will apply a foundation
- Fits into the category of high-performing makeup for every look, style, skin tone, or whatever the world throws at you
- Doesn’t allow for many corrections because it dries off very quickly
Wet and Wild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer
The perfect primer to prep, brighten and lock down your eyeshadow color. It effortlessly glides on the skin, dries almost immediately on application, and offers a clear finish to keep the eyeshadow in place for a long time.
- It’s effortless, smooth application dries to a clear and matte finish and keeps eyeshadow in place
- Brightens the eyelids such that they lock down eye shadow color
- Gives you flawless and smooth skin with a velvety matte and long-lasting finish
- Contains a unique non-greasy, ultra-lightweight formula that makes your skin perfected
- Difficult to remove at the end of the day
- If you sweat too much, it begins to crack
Ownest 3 Colors Eyeshadow Makeup Primer
Ownest eyeshadow primer seems to be inexhaustible. It takes care of issues related to mature skin and serves as the best companion for a perfect and long-lasting eyeshadow effect. It makes the color more saturated and has a strong concealing power, which any mature skin needs.
- Paraded as the best companion for eye shadow as it makes your eyes feel light
- Ensures that the eye shadow is evenly attached to our eyelids and locks in the color of the eye shadow
- Contains moisturizing ingredients, and the formula helps to balance skin tone
- Has a perfect pre-makeup effect without exaggerating wrinkles
- The primer is easy to push, light, and applies evenly, beautiful in use without any accumulation
- Dries up too fast, so you’ll have to apply carefully to avoid an error
The list of best eye primers for mature skin can be interestingly long; however, out of the best, you have to find the one that’s best for your skin—especially if you’re dealing with mature skin issues. Check out our suggestion list of the best primers that you can buy and decide which one out of the best is best for you.