Which is the best eyeshadow palette for dark skin? Doubtless, it’s one with hues that pack on the color. The brand is secondary as the price doesn’t matter as much as the richness of the pigment. If it feels buttery, not powdery, that’s the first step.
What’s also important is that the colors are true to avoid looking muddy on melanin-rich skin. What does that mean? It’s when the shade you see in the pan is what you get on the skin.
So, which eyeshadow is best for dark skin? Will nudes work? What about glitter?
It’s all good, including shades with a contrasting undertone. It’s the result that matters. If you’re thrilled with your makeup palette, then we’re happy for you.
|The best eyeshadow palettes for dark skin||Why we love them|
|The Magic Palette by Juvia's Place|
|Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions|
|Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Limited Edition Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Palette|
|Anastasia Beverly Hills - Eyeshadow Palette, Modern Renaissance|
|Anastasia Beverly Hills - Eyeshadow Palette, Jackie Aina|
|Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cream Palette|
|Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette - Armed & Gorgeous|
|NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Ultimate Shadow Palette, Eyeshadow Palette, Warm Neutrals|
|Urban Decay Cosmetics Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette|
|Rimmel Magnif'eyes Eyeshadow Palette, Colour Edition|
- Best Eyeshadow Palette for Dark Skin in 2021
- The Magic Palette by Juvia’s Place
- Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Limited Edition Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Eyeshadow Palette, Modern Renaissance
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Eyeshadow Palette, Jackie Aina
- Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cream Palette, Vivid
- Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette – Armed & Gorgeous
- NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Ultimate Shadow Palette, Eyeshadow Palette, Warm Neutrals
- Urban Decay Cosmetics Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette
- Rimmel Magnif’eyes Eyeshadow Palette, Colour Edition
Best Eyeshadow Palette for Dark Skin in 2021
The Magic Palette by Juvia’s Place
Black-owned company Juvia’s Place was founded by a woman who was frustrated over the lack of makeup for her skin tone. At the time, the colors were muted and dull, making her complexion look too light or too gray. Her inspiration has brought forth cosmetics with intensely pigmented, vibrant colors. Moreover, they are affordably priced.
Check out the Magic Palette with sixteen matte and shimmer shades. It’s just one of several eyeshadow options from this brand. With it, you can create both subtle and stunning looks. The colors show up perfectly on dark skin. Plus, each eyeshadow has a buttery texture that blends effortlessly without creasing.
The palette case is beautifully designed with original artwork. We only wish it came with a mirror. On the other hand, the eyeshadow is long-lasting and we haven’t seen much need for touch-ups.
- Intensely-pigmented vibrant colors look stunning on dark skin
- Includes both matte and shimmery shades
- Affordably priced and beautifully packaged
- On the off chance that we’d bring this with us, we wish it had a mirror
Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions
It was a tough choice between the Sapphire, the Topaz, and the Coral Obsessions palettes from Huda Beauty. Each one has nine gorgeous shades including matte and shimmer colors.
Every shade is highly-pigmented and straightforward to blend. They are creamy and soft and a pleasure to use. Furthermore, the warm Coral palette highlights the natural beauty of dark skin.
The intense colors have serious staying power. Brush them on in the morning and you’ll still look fabulous by nightfall.
The brand was started by a makeup artist dedicated to creating the perfect pigmentation for all skin tones.
- Nine matte and shimmer shades packaged in a mirrored compact
- Developed by a makeup artist dedicated to providing cosmetics for all skin tones
- Highly-pigmented, with a creamy texture that’s straightforward to blend
- Lasts all day
- There’s always the same con when ordering eyeshadow online: will it shatter during shipping?
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Limited Edition Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Palette
Fenty Beauty is an inclusive brand founded by Rihanna. It’s no surprise that its eyeshadow has concentrated pigments that look breathtaking on dark skin. What’s more, the color is made to last all day, especially if you’ve primed your eyelids first.
This eye-catching palette of frosty shades has seven metallic colors from icy blue to lavender and tangerine to glistening copper. Plus, the eyeshadow is ideal for blending right up to where the highlighter ends.
Truthfully, these shades look on-fleek on all skin tones. The texture is also hard to resist. It’s like a powder and a cream had a baby because it blends so smoothly as it melts into the skin.
The mirrored palette case is a thing of beauty, too.
- Nine frosted shades in metallic hues
- The colors pop on both melanin-rich skin and lighter skin tones
- Cream/powder hybrid texture blends effortlessly and melts into the skin
- Gorgeous compact with a mirror
- Not as budget-friendly as some options
Anastasia Beverly Hills – Eyeshadow Palette, Modern Renaissance
They suggested smudging Love Letter along the lash lines and we were intrigued. Obviously, each of the fourteen shades in the Modern Renaissance palette has a name. Some are matte, others are satin, and a few are metallic colors.
It turns out that Love Letter is a deep rose. It pairs well with Buon Fresco, a pale nude. But you can also use any of the shades from neutral to berry red for contouring and highlighting and even cheek color. They’re all buildable.
We’d heard that Anastasia Beverly Hills had affordable eyeshadow with fully-pigmented colors in a wide range of shades, and it was true. We like them so much that we included another palette below.
- Fourteen shades from neutral to umber and berry red
- Fully pigmented and buildable
- Suitable for eyeshadow, highlighter, and blush
- Compact comes with an applicator brush
- Great value for the price
- If you can only get one, it’s difficult to choose between palettes
Anastasia Beverly Hills – Eyeshadow Palette, Jackie Aina
Here’s the other palette we couldn’t resist including in the reviews. It was created in collaboration with the beauty influencer, Jackie Aina. The poppin’ colors are ideal for deep skin tones. But let’s be honest, everyone’s going to want to try it and enjoy the color payoff. It doesn’t matter what time of year it is.
The fourteen matte and metallic shades come in a compact with an applicator brush. Every single shade will bring out the best in brown eyes. No color is going to look chalky or ashy, not even the transition shades.
- Created by Jackie Aina to accent brown eyes
- Fourteen metallic and matte shades that pop on dark skin
- Packaged with an applicator brush in a rainbow-hued compact
- We need more eyes to play with all the colors right now
Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cream Palette, Vivid
Sure, you could go with the bold Primary colors, the Fire and Ice frosted shadows, or the Essentials for a barely-there look. These are all beautiful palettes from Danessa Myricks. But the one we couldn’t put down is Vivid. Take the name literally because you’ve never seen neon color like this before unless it was in your paint box or your crayons.
What’s more, this is a selection of six cream eyeshadows that are buildable and blendable. You can use them to make custom shades. Just think of the possibilities when the colors have names like Paradise and Beaches. Wear them alone or underneath glitter.
All the colors are waterproof and suitable for eyes, lips, and cheeks. The pans come in a magnetic stackable palette.
- Waterproof cream eyeshadow that can be used on cheeks and lips
- Blendable and customizable, plays well with other makeup
- Packaged in a stackable magnetic tray
- If you’re not used to this type of makeup, it takes a little practice
Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette – Armed & Gorgeous
What’s the best eyeshadow palette for olive skin? We suggest Morphe’s collection with turmeric gold, khaki, white shimmer, and olive green. It was developed with beauty influencer Jaclyn Hill.
There are ten shades including matte and shimmer colors that look brilliant on dark skin. Use them to stand out or blend in, it’s up to you.
- Mirrored compact with ten gorgeous shades for olive skin
- Created in collaboration with beauty influencer Jaclyn Hill
- Intensely-pigmented shimmers and matte shadows
- Not ideal for cool undertones
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Ultimate Shadow Palette, Eyeshadow Palette, Warm Neutrals
No cosmetics review would be complete without NYX. Yes, it’s a drugstore brand, but it performs well above its price range. For example, take this brown eyeshadow palette for dark skin. It’s called Warm Neutrals, and it’s got everything you need to subtly boost the look of your eyes.
Let’s be honest, it’s easy to blend, but sometimes needs layering for a bolder look. You’ll get more out of them if you use primer on your lids.
This palette has sixteen velvety shades including satin, shimmery, metallic, and matte. If you want something more vibrant, check out the Brights, Phoenix, or Festival Edition palettes.
- Best-selling drugstore eyeshadow with excellent performance at a budget price
- Sixteen velvety shades from shimmery to satin, matte, and metallic
- Color lasts longer if you use primer
Urban Decay Cosmetics Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette
Neutral doesn’t have to mean boring. Check out this palette with a dozen intense shades from iridescent micro-shimmers to metallics and mattes. Even though these colors are flattering on all skin tones, most of them pop on all but the darkest skin (End Game, we’re looking at you).
Furthermore, these are highly pigmented eyeshadows with a proprietary recipe for a silky texture and maximum blendability. Happily, it’s the formula is free of parabens and phthalates.
Users say it takes very little effort to switch from subtle to bold looks with this palette.
- A dozen intense colors including mattes, metallics, and iridescent micro-shimmers
- Paraben-free formula with a silky texture that blends effortlessly
- Suitable for subtle and bold looks
- The deepest matte shade disappears on Black skin
Rimmel Magnif’eyes Eyeshadow Palette, Colour Edition
What’s the best drugstore eyeshadow palette for dark skin? We think that Rimmel has nailed it. It’s incredibly budget-friendly and has excellent reviews. What’s more, it won the ELLE Beauty Grand Prix.
The palette offers twelve shades that serve as eyeshadow, highlighter, and liner. They range from matte and satiny nudes to cool blues and frosty white shimmer. The palette also comes with a dual-ended applicator wand.
The colors are so highly pigmented that they can last up to 24 hours. They are transfer-resistant, handy if you forget and rub your eye.
- Extraordinary value for a budget price
- Award-winning eyeshadow that lasts up to twenty-four hours
- A dozen shades with mattes and shimmers
- Doubles as highlighter and liner
- The applicator brush is handy, but you may want to invest in additional brushes for switching colors
The best eyeshadow palette is the one that brings you joy to use. Pick one with concentrated pigment and intense color that will enhance your natural beauty. There is no limit except your imagination.
If we helped you find your new favorite makeup today, let us know. Feel free to leave us a comment below.