Research results showed that most people with combination skin stay clear of foundation. That’s because most makeup foundations tend to be too heavy for that skin type, thereby causing the pores to clog. Some other foundation products make the combination skin look like you’ve just washed your face in oil. When you think of it as a struggle, should staying clear of using makeup foundation on combination skin be the solution? The answer is a typical NO! That’s where the best foundations for combination skin come in handy.
Experience has shown that combination skin has areas that act differently and, therefore, require extra care. Some parts of the skin tend to be oilier with larger pore than the other and are prone to break out. With this knowledge, modern-day cosmetic brands set out to find a befitting solution and came up with solutions. We have a curated list of some products designed to solve the problems of combination skin. Check them out below:
|The best foundations for combination skin||Why we love them|
|Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation||
|Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup Full Coverage Foundation Stick||
|Maybelline New York SuperStay Multi-Use Foundation Stick||
|Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation||
|Clinique Even Better Spf 15 Makeup Foundation||
|Covergirl plus Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation||
|Glo Skin Beauty Loose Base–Golden Light Powder Foundation||
|Mary Kay TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation||
|IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Liquid Foundation||
|Movo Matte Liquid Foundation||
We’ll get back to discuss, in detail, the features of these products one after the other, but first, let’s find the answer to this salient question.
What kind of foundation is good for combination skin?
What you are blessed with combination skin, you need a buildable foundation to help customize your coverage and give a natural look. You should also consider a product that has Matte-Finish. Those are the ones that will give your face a lightweight texture—the kind that doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. They are usually good at holding back excess oil on the skin and safe for covering blemishes on the skin. Check below to find examples of these products.
Best Foundations for Combination Skin in 2023
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation
You shouldn’t negotiate some qualities when you’re trying to get a foundation for your combination skin. Some of these qualities include the ability to glide smoothly on the skin, deliver flawless and matte finish, oil-free ingredients, etc. It’s challenging to find a product that has a combination of these qualities in today’s market, but Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation is one of the few products that have it. With this product, expect a long-lasting and shiny control delivery.
- Made to control shine and oil with an oil-free formula
- Wears for up to 24 hours no matter what your day brings
- Has a broad spectrum of SPF 15 sun boost and protection
- For a naturally flawless and medium coverage smooth look
- Has the high-pigment, high-quality, bold makeup you need
- It has a watery consistency
- It’s challenging to come off when dry
Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup Full Coverage Foundation Stick
One thing your skin needs, without doubt, if you have combination skin, is enough hydration. Therefore, the makeup products you seek to get must have enough hydrating properties. That’s what this Dermablend Liquid foundation is all about. It has loads of hydrating ingredients that help deal with the dry skin issues an average combination skin may face. It also deals with other conditions like hyperpigmentation, dark spots, rosacea, redness, etc.
- Provides maximum coverage for up to 16 hours
- It provides all-day hydration
- Has a creamy texture which glides on smoothly
- Provides coverage for scars, birthmarks, bruising, burns, and other body imperfections
- Dermatologist tested, allergy tested, non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, fragrance free
- It sits into wrinkles and makes it obvious
- Not transfer-proof!
Maybelline New York SuperStay Multi-Use Foundation Stick
How would you cope if your foundation requires a lot of tools to look perfect when you have little to no time to use them? Why not just get a product that does not require sophisticated equipment to have it on ideally? Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation is one such product. With your fingers, you can apply the foundation, and you’ll get a perfect blend for your desired outlook. It provides buildable coverage and gives a natural-looking feeling—a perfect product for oily, combination, and an array of skin tones.
- A long-lasting foundation stick
- It’s a makeup essential that conceals, contours, highlights, and covers – all in one stick foundation
- Delivers effortless all-over coverage, precise concealing, and skin accentuating highlights
- Features a cream-to-matte foundation and a precision pointed blender sponge
- This is a no-mess multi-use makeup stick
- It looks patchy when dry
Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation
If you want a product that will provide your face a full coverage and mattifying finish, pick up any Catrice HD liquid foundation. By design, it blocks out imperfections and does it for long hours. Regardless of how hectic the day turns out to be, you can count on it to stay on your face till you’re ready to wash it off. It contains a large portion of vegan ingredients, and they are oil-free so that your pores don’t end up blocked, which may cause unwanted skin breakouts. It’s also an alcohol-free product, and they are free from parabens.
- An ultra-lightweight, high coverage, long-lasting foundation
- Featuring a unique dropper applicator
- For a natural-looking, matte finish and so lightweight
- It provides an airbrushed, second-skin effect for up to 24 hours
- Creates an all-day smooth and even complexion
- Content is very thick
- You’ll need to shake every time before use
Clinique Even Better Spf 15 Makeup Foundation
What do you think of a skincare foundation? When you have the opportunity to choose between a foundation that offers great features but doesn’t do more than a typical foundation will do and another that adds skincare features to its primary function, which one would you prefer? It’s only suitable to choose the latter. That’s why this foundation from Clinique sells fast. It contains ingredients designed to help fight and protect the skin against imperfections. In a short while of consistent usage, you’ll find your combination skin becomes even out, corrected, and begins to look brighter.
- Provides a medium to complete coverage application
- It’s a dermatologist-developed liquid foundation
- It immediately brightens and evens out the skin tone
- Helps to prevent new discolorations with SPF-plus antioxidants
- Blends nicely to the skin tone
- Very thick consistency and quickly make the skin look cakey when not correctly applied
Covergirl plus Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation
We all seem to like it when our skin looks younger than what our age says; however, maturity is a natural phenomenon. Unless you have tools and products that can help maintain the skin’s youthfulness, you’ll watch your skin grow old and wrinkled. That’s why a makeup foundation like this one from Covergirl is a hot cake to those who have found it. Besides the fact that it’s perfect for issues that combination skin has, its ingredients will also work to give your skin that youthful glow we all desire. It’s an anti-aging foundation that plumps up the skin almost instantly and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- It serves as an anti-aging foundation and is perfect for aging skin
- Reduces the look of wrinkles for a more youthful and smoother appearance
- Evens skin tone, blurring out the appearance of dark circles and other imperfections
- It contains vitamin C and hyaluronic complex for healthier-looking, and firmer skin
- Available in multiple shades so you can find the right match for your skin tone
- It doesn’t hold up for long, only for the first half of the day
- Requires regular spray of the best face mists for dry skin during the day to ease the cakey feel
Glo Skin Beauty Loose Base–Golden Light Powder Foundation
One of the challenges facing an average combination skin is exposure to environmental factors such as pollution, UV ray, etc. These factors cause complications for combination skin, so one side looks and feels dry while the other seems oily. However, in a bid to help deal with these factors, Glo Skin Beauty offers a loose mineral foundation formulation to create a beautifully luminescent and pigmented skin condition. It delivers a full-coverage formula that gives the dewy finish that’s good for combination and dry skin types. You’ll find Green Tea extract, Vitamin A, C, and E as antioxidants in it.
- Provides medium to full coverage
- Personalized skincare solutions that give professional treatments
- Enders you a flawless, dewy finish
- It contains skin-nourishing mineral makeup that covers, protects and corrects
- Defends skin from the aging effect of free radicals
- It doesn’t kill all the redness on the skin
Mary Kay TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation
Mary Kay’s TimeWise Foundation doubles as a makeup foundation and as an anti-aging tool. When you apply, it instantly makes the skin feel firmer, healthier, and younger-looking. With its unique microspheres, it works all day and consistently absorbs the oil from the skin. That’s why it’s a perfect foundation for combination and oily skin. It also contains hydrating elements that help restore life to the dry part of the combination skin. So, as it works on the oily part, it also works on the dry part of the skin and helps to create much-needed balance.
- Absorbs oil and controls shine
- Age-fighting foundation
- Visibly reduces the appearance of pores
- Matte finish is great for oily to combination skin
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- It has a watery and thin consistency
- Not transfer-proof
IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better Liquid Foundation
When you find that a product was designed and developed by a dermatologist, you should prioritize the product. This cosmetics foundation from IT is one such product designed by plastic surgeons and dermatologists; therefore, you can trust its skincare ability. It contains a combination of skin-loving and skin-nourishing formulas. Use it on your combination skin, and you’ll get visible results in a short while in terms of correction, balance, and glow.
- Lightweight foundation infused with moisturizing hyaluronic acid
- Contains Aloe Vera extract, hepes acid, vitamins E and B5 for gentle exfoliation
- A buildable, medium coverage foundation that minimizes the look of pores
- It covers imperfections for a naturally radiant finish
- Makes the skin look smoother, more even, and the texture is visibly refined
- Watch out to pick the right shade for your skin type
- Shade changes when it dries
Movo Matte Liquid Foundation
You wouldn’t need to complain about your inability to find a shade that matches your skin tone with this foundation from Movo Matte because it offers five shade options that blend well with almost all skin tones. It also goes on smoothly on the face with a matte finish that’s designed to last for up to twenty-four hours. It’s not heavy and quickly covers the fine line, wrinkle, and other signs of maturing skin. In the end, it makes the skin radiant, gives it a light tone, and restores the unevenness that an average combination skin has with a quality amount of hydration.
- Every set contains 1pc high-quality makeup sponge and a 1pc liquid foundation
- Friendly for carrying in small purses and traveling
- Improve and corrects your complexion for an even skin tone
- It leaves a smooth base for the following makeup routine
- Contains repair and moisturizing ingredients
- It can feel sticky on the skin
- Not transfer-proof; may stain your dress
Trying to track down the best foundations for combination skin hasn’t generally been the simplest of assignments. Fortunately, nowadays, foundation ranges are so much more extensive and better than we had them when we had no uncertainty that our match was out there. However, we may need a few pointers as to which product does the better job. Therefore, we set out to find you the best options and made a list of them. Check out our curated list above and the characteristics of each product. You’ll find one that suits your needs.