As we grow older, one of the problems we face is that eye makeup, foundation, lipsticks, etc., no longer find solid ground to stay on our skin like they used to. This issue is a result of the fact that our skin is no longer smooth as it once had. They are now drier and, therefore, absorb makeup into the skin pores. Unfortunately, mature skin is inevitable. It’s a natural phenomenon, and we can stop it. We can only slow down the process and maintain the after-effects. So, when you notice that makeup disappears a few hours after applying them, it indicates that you’re dealing with a case of mature skin. That’s when you need the Best primers for mature skin products.
Every woman desires to find makeup that feels beautiful and makes her look good. Therefore, being of age doesn’t mean you should not look your best! The secret is using the best primer. Primers, by design, smooths your skin, minimize pores, and help keep your makeup in place for many hours. In addition, it will give your face the needed lift, and that’s why it’s the step in your beauty routine that you shouldn’t miss once you notice your skin is beginning to give signs of aging and becoming mature.
But, not all primers are the best for mature skin because they are not created the same. Some, by design, help to illuminate the skin, while some hydrate, or smoothen, blurs, improve makeup’s longevity, or help control shine. Which ones are then the best to get? Check out our suggestions below;
|The best primers for mature skin||Why we love them|
|TULA Skin Care Face Filter Blurring and Moisturizing Primer|
|Dermablend Insta-Grip Jelly Primer Face Makeup|
|DHC Velvet Skin Coat, Mattifying Makeup Primer|
|COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Makeup Primer|
|Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Face Primer for Oily Skin|
|e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer|
|Maybelline "Baby Skin" Pore Eraser Face Primer|
We’ll get back to discuss the details of each product shortly; however, it’s essential to answer some salient questions before that.
- What is the Best Primer Type for Mature Skin?
- How to Choose the Best Type of Primer for Mature Skin
- Best Primers for Mature Skin in 2021
- TULA Skin Care Face Filter Blurring and Moisturizing Primer
- Dermablend Insta-Grip Jelly Primer Face Makeup
- DHC Velvet Skin Coat, Mattifying Makeup Primer
- COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Makeup Primer
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Face Primer for Oily Skin
- e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer
- Maybelline “Baby Skin” Pore Eraser Face Primer
What is the Best Primer Type for Mature Skin?
When considering the best primer type for mature skin, the two primary keywords are “anti-aging” and “hydrating”. These properties play a major role in ensuring that you have a healthy skin routine even while having your makeup on. It also ensures that you have a flawless makeup appearance which is the central role of primers.
Elastin and collagens are the nutrients present in the skin that helps to keep it plump and firm. But, when there’s a breakdown in the skin’s production of these two proteins, the skin begins to lose its smoothness, fullness, and elasticity. However, with a primer that has anti-aging properties, you get to keep the skin in shape. That’s because an anti-aging primer is one with antioxidants and other essential nutrients that prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin.
On the other hand, a primer with hydrating properties helps to fill and plump fine lines. One of the signs that skin is going mature is that they appear dry, which is why when you apply makeup, it seems like you never did after a while because the skin has absorbed them. However, with a hydrating primer, the skin gets hydrated and prepared for a perfect makeup appearance.
How to Choose the Best Type of Primer for Mature Skin
Aside from looking for a product with both hydrating and anti-aging properties, there are other factors to consider. We understand that everyone’s skin is unique and, therefore, demands unique treatments. Therefore, there’s no “one size fits all” requirement when choosing a primer—especially for mature skin types. The essential factor to, therefore, consider is your skin type.
Does your skin feel dry, tight, and patchy, or do you have oily skin? Some people have a combination of both skin types. Whichever category you fall, you need to be on the lookout for specific features such as;
Oil-free primer for those with oily skin. Your skin will also prefer products with mattifying lotion or those with salicylic acid. So, when you come across a primer with fine silky powder, as someone with oily skin, quickly embrace it because it will help to absorb excess oil from your skin.
If you have dry skin, find a gel-based or illuminating primer. Those will hydrate your skin and help restore lost water content. If yours combines both skin types, then look out for a primer with light-reflecting particles. They give a healthy glow and make your face look luminous and dewy.
Best Primers for Mature Skin in 2021
TULA Skin Care Face Filter Blurring and Moisturizing Primer
Instantly smoothen, prime, and even out your skin’s outlook with this primer from TULA and get a “filter-like” glowy makeup finish. It’s a product designed to offer a buildable tint that blurs the skin and provides a sheer and radiant base for your makeup products. It has an untainted priming formula that functions as a golden illuminator and as a sheer. Its formula is powered by effective and clean ingredients like licorice which will target uneven complexion. You also have probiotic extracts in the mixture that helps balance your skin pH. Finally, it’s non-comedogenic, and it won’t clog your pores. You only need to blend it properly till it releases its unique “glow particles”.
- Evens out the look of skin tone
- Instantly blurs, smoothens, and primes the skin for a filter-like finish
- Creates a radiant base for makeup
- Gives an additional layer of hydration to your makeup and skincare routine
- Non-comedogenic primer formula won’t clog pores
- Not transfer-proof
- Not waterproof
Dermablend Insta-Grip Jelly Primer Face Makeup
Are you looking for a primer that helps makeup grip almost instantly to the skin and help to extend its wear for up to twenty-four hours? The product from Dermablend is the answer you seek. It’s a multi-tasking face primer and serves as a three-in-one makeup formula for an almost instant moisturizing, gripping, and skin tightening product. It has a unique jelly texture that quickly absorbs skin for smooth, extended makeup wear and a natural finish. It’s an ideal makeup primer for mature skin because it smooths and tightens the skin texture. It is a product designed to work well for all skin tones as well as foundation stones.
- Absorbs to a smooth canvas under foundation
- Pore primer for all skin types, including mature skin
- One or two pumps on the fingers sweep and cover the entire face
- Absorbs quickly for a smooth and natural finish
- Preps skin for optimal makeup application
- It makes the skin feel greasy
- Could make the makeup appear patchy when not correctly applied
DHC Velvet Skin Coat, Mattifying Makeup Primer
Here you have a Velvet mattifying skin coat primer from DHC designed to instantly minimize the look of fine lines, pores, and imperfections. It’s going to give you an all-day-long matte look, and you’ll love how the powder, clear-gel primer formula makes you feel. It’s going to slide onto your skin like velvet in such a way that it makes you feel good and also serves good nutrients to the skin. You have organic olive oil that provides the skin with anti-oxidant protection from daily environmental stress. You also have silica that helps to absorb sweat and excess oil. You can wear the formula alone or before applying the foundation, and you’ll get all-day wear.
- Diminishes shine when worn alone
- Minimizes the look of fine lines, imperfections, and pores for a smooth makeup application
- Mattifies the skin complexion
- Protects from free radical damage
- Nourishes skin with ingredients that are good for you!
- Makes a face feel oily after applying
- Its smell can be overwhelming
COVERGIRL Simply Ageless Makeup Primer
Using COVERGIRL simply ageless makeup is the best way to give your skin the youthful glow you desire even after showing signs of aging and maturity. It’s a three-in-one liquid makeup primer designed for anti-aging effects and to help plump up the skin. It reduces wrinkles, fine lines, dryness, and other issues associated with mature skin. With it, your skin tone will look more even, and it will blur out other skin imperfections. In addition, the vitamin C and hyaluronic complex in it will keep your skin radiant and healthy. To cap it all up, it appears in multiple shades. Therefore, you will find the right one for your foundation and skin tone.
- Contains vitamin C and hyaluronic complex for healthier-looking skin
- Blurs the appearance of imperfections and evens the skin tone
- Extends the wear of makeup
- Reduce the look of wrinkles
- The no-mess bottle features a pump dispenser
- It cannot work as a stand-alone makeup
- It is not easy to wash away at the end of the day
Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Face Primer for Oily Skin
Quick warning: You may have to forget about using a camera selfie from the moment you choose this mattifying, pore minimizing, and long-lasting face primer. But that’s a good thing. Yes, it is. This product is a real-life selfie filter willing and ready to replace your camera filters after applying. It stands as a lightweight and cruelty-free primer that smooths and minimizes the appearance of pores. It does overtime work to ensure that your makeup for the day does not move an inch. Its formula is silky, prevents shine, and offers an excellent matte finish to your face—some things tangibly flawless!
- Well-balanced priming formula
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
- Creates a smooth canvas for makeup application
- Produces a flawless matte finish
- Keeps makeup in place all-day
- Clogs the pore overtime
e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer
Imagine having a secret weapon to a flawless face and makeup appearance. If that’s what you have always desired, then it’s time to have this poreless putty primer from e.l.f. It will give you a baby-like face finish after applying because, by design, it fills up pores, covers wrinkles and other imperfections. It will also prep your face with a smoothing layer and is perfect for a fuller makeup look. Its originality is infinite and unique. So if you want a fuller coverage makeup look, let this product be your prep plug!
- Perfect for all skin types
- Infused with Squalane for optimal hydration
- Velvety texture that glides on your skin effortlessly
- Smoothing over imperfections for a poreless effect
- Easy to carry and convenient for travel
- It’s watery and a bit slippery
- It might not blend well with other makeup brands but perfectly with e.l.f products
Maybelline “Baby Skin” Pore Eraser Face Primer
Today, more than ever is the time to bid goodbye to pores! You are only one purchase away from celebrating smooth and youthful-looking skin. With this iconic baby skin face primer from Maybelline, you get to have these things and more. It’s an instant skin smoother that will clear out the looks of pores and everything that indicates mature skin. Then, in a few seconds, it leaves your skin with a soft matte finish. It’s a result of the team spirit between makeup artists and researchers. Therefore, we present a breathable and lightweight formula that accommodates makeup perfectly and gives a professional result!
- A pore-blurring makeup primer
- Creates a smooth canvas over which to apply foundation
- Leaves the skin looking matte and poreless
- Offers a low-maintenance look that’s smooth and matte
- Gives a mistake-proof poreless, smooth skinch
- It doesn’t come off quickly
- Difficult to adjust after applying because it dries off too fast
With so many primer products having different formulas, you have to consider the best one for you. Note that a primer may not work for you, but that doesn’t mean it is not the best. Therefore, out of the best, you have to know which one is best for your skin—especially if you’re dealing with mature skin issues. Check out our suggestion list of the best primers for mature skin that you can buy and decide which one out of the best is best for you.