The dividing line between a glowing and shining face is thin. You’ll probably attest to this fact based on personal experience with oily skin. So, finding a solution to excess oil secretion is imminent. But, as exciting as finding a solution to this problem can be, it can quickly worsen the situation. That’s when you use a product with over-drying and harsh ingredients. That’s why finding the best cleansers for oily skin is essential.
We have a curated list of these types of the product below. Check them out and our description of each one to determine the product that’s best for you.
|The best cleansers for oily skin||Why we love them|
|CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser|
|La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser|
|SeboCalm Sensitive Skin Liquid Face Cleanser|
|Face Wash by Cetaphil—Daily Facial Cleanser|
|Vitamin C Cleanser—Anti Aging and Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Gel|
|Neutrogena Skin Balancing Kaolin Clay Cleanser|
|Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Face Cleanser|
|Paula’s Choice SKIN BALANCING Oil-Reducing Cleanser|
|Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Facial Cleanser|
|First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser|
|Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser|
|Glytone Mild Gel Cleanser with 4.7 Free Acid Value Glycolic Acid|
- Are Face Cleansers Good for Oily Skin?
- Best Cleansers for Oily Skin in 2021
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser
- SeboCalm Sensitive Skin Liquid Face Cleanser
- Face Wash by Cetaphil—Daily Facial Cleanser
- Vitamin C Cleanser—Anti Aging and Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Gel
- Neutrogena Skin Balancing Kaolin Clay Cleanser
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Face Cleanser
- Paula’s Choice SKIN BALANCING Oil-Reducing Cleanser
- Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Facial Cleanser
- First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Glytone Mild Gel Cleanser with 4.7 Free Acid Value Glycolic Acid
Are Face Cleansers Good for Oily Skin?
There has been longtime debate about the effect of using face cleansers on the skin. Some believe that the skin should be left to do its thing even if you have an oily skin type. They base their assertion that oil is essential to skin and dry skin is also a skin problem. While the assertion is true and we shouldn’t downplay the importance of oil to the skin, it’s important to control oil secretion using the best face cleansers for oily skin.
Best Cleansers for Oily Skin in 2021
We have listed the best ones to use below. Check them out.
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Developed from the wisdom of experienced dermatologists, this foaming facial cleanser from CeraVe will gently cleanse and refresh your skin. It has a combination of three essential ceramides that are instrumental to skin health. The combination of these ingredients leaves the skin restored and helps to maintain its natural barrier. It also contains hyaluronic acids known to help the skin retain its moisture and attract hydration to it.
- It dispenses as a clear gel cleanser and later becomes foamy as you lather
- Helps to revive and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Cleanses without leaving skin feeling dry, tight, or stripped
- Designed as a product suitable for different skin types, including oily skin, dry skin, acne-prone, and more
- Gently refreshes and effectively removes dirt, excess oil, and makeup
- It contains too many peppermint ingredients
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser
The La Roche Gel Cleanser is gentle enough for everyday use. It gently cleanses excess oil, dirt, and impurities from the skin. Its clear and refreshing gel texture also helps maintain the skin’s pH balance while purifying the skin and reducing unwanted shine. In it, you’ll find Zinc Pidolate, which is known to be an effective ingredient in terms of skin purification and removal of excess oil without drying the skin.
- Skin Friendly ingredients
- Put together to enhance the quality of life of its users
- Formulas are non-comedogenic and allergy tested on sensitive skin
- The formulas do what they say and are proven for their efficacy and safety
- It has an awful chemical scent
SeboCalm Sensitive Skin Liquid Face Cleanser
It’s a product made out of a combination of skin-friendly ingredients. Some of these ingredients include; cornmeal and coconut, and research results have shown that these two primary ingredients effectively stimulate the skin cleansing effect. They won’t leave the skin feeling dry but will also preserve its elasticity. You will also find concentrated chamomile extract in it that is incredibly gentle on the skin, making it perfect even for sensitive skin.
- Deep cleanse with no drying
- Removes dirt and reduces blemishes without skin irritation
- Offers intense skin health and balance with a soothing relief therapy
- Perfect for breakout prevention and skin damage control
- Cleansing with chamomile for calming skin, leaving it smooth, soft, and radiant
- The skin will feel dry at first but balanced afterward
- Some customers complain about how it smells
Face Wash by Cetaphil—Daily Facial Cleanser
Cetaphil face cleanser gives you a way to simplify how you care for your skin. It will leave your skin feeling clean, soft, and healthy. It is strong, effective, but gentle at removing the surface oil, makeup, and dirt from the skin. It has a non-irritating and non-stripping formula, and it won’t clog your pore nor leave residue behind. It is dermatologist recommended and safe to use every day.
- Gentle enough for everyday use
- Suitable for even the most sensitive skin
- A mild and non-irritating formula that’s perfect for normal to sensitive skin
- Clinically proven to deep clean skin without leaving the skin dry
- Contains non-stripping and non-irritating formula
- It doesn’t lather much
- The content is a bit watery
Vitamin C Cleanser—Anti Aging and Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Gel
Are you looking for the perfect face wash for your oily skin? This vitamin C face cleanser is the product you seek. It’s also the perfect answer for those with sensitive skin as it will prevent and minimize blemishes. If you’re also battling pimples, here is a product designed to help you solve that issue. It works as a triple-action cleansing agent with cleansing, exfoliating, and nourishing properties. It also promotes cell turnover while it helps to minimize the appearance of dark spots on the skin.
- An exfoliating face cleaner made with Vitamin C—a powerful antioxidant
- Brightens, tones, and tightens the skin while it supports collagen production.
- Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine line, and other signs of aging skin
- A gentle exfoliating cleanser promotes cell turnover
- It helps to minimize dark spots, and improves the skin’s overall tone and texture.
- Might need to apply twice to get an oily face cleaned properly
- Not a fast-acting miracle worker
Neutrogena Skin Balancing Kaolin Clay Cleanser
The best way to cleanse, control, and balance your skin’s oil secretion is in Neutrogena’s Kaolin clay cleanser. It’s a dermatologist-designed product that offers fantastic benefits in terms of skincare, such as absorbing excess oil and conditioning the skin to become soft, smooth, and perfectly balanced.
- Perfect for absorbing excess oil, balancing, and mattifying oily skin
- Formulated with a dual-action ingredient that gently exfoliates the skin
- Effectively targets 100% of pore-clogging dirt
- Respecting skin’s natural moisture barrier by attracting and retaining moisture
- It leaves the skin soft and perfectly balanced
- When you apply a lot, it becomes sticky on the face
- The smell can make you feel nauseous
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Face Cleanser
Garnier SkinActive foaming cleanser is an all-in-one face gel cleanser that’s gentle yet powerful for skincare. It captures oil, dirt, and makeup like a magnet, and it doesn’t act harshly on the skin. Its foaming properties boost its ability to remove impurities easily and leave it perfectly cleansed.
- Removes makeup without drying
- Leaves the skin soft and perfectly balanced for a makeup matte finish
- A simple, micellar, powerful, but gentle foaming face cleanser
- It will leave your skin looking good, fresh, and healthy, no matter your skin type
- Paves the way for a sustainable
- It could leave a waxy residue on the face
- Has a strong scent
Paula’s Choice SKIN BALANCING Oil-Reducing Cleanser
If you believe you deserve smart and the best skincare product in your combination of skincare tools, then this skin-balancing oil reducing cleanser from Paula’s choice should be your go-to product. It’s a perfect definition of innovation, effectiveness, non-irritating, non-drying face cleanser.
- Thoroughly rinse away oil, buildup, sunscreen & makeup without drying the skin
- It helps defend the pores clear of congestion-causing debris
- Visibly reduce enlarged pores while helping to control excess oil and shine
- Help make the Skin feels perfectly prepped and refined
- Effective, science-backed formulas that target skin issues
- Thick and creamy content—difficult to spread
Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Facial Cleanser
Do you want to give your skin a natural-looking and flawless appearance? Pick up this Biore Deep Pore Facial Cleanser. It’s the best instrument for a natural glow and self-tanning appearance instead of skin shine from excess oil. It contains a blend of antioxidants, hydrating ingredients, and Vitamin E, which are the combination for a flawless skin appearance.
- Cleanser contains natural charcoal for deep cleaning your pores
- Has adequate oil-trapping power for balanced purification
- Rinses clean to leave skin tingly clean and smooth
- A purifying cleanser that cleans deep two times better than a basic cleanser
- Dermatologists tested and will provide the best results when used daily
- Takes time to give significant results
- Starts to give a burning feeling from two minutes after use, but it’s safe
First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser
The key ingredients of these products are Allantoin and Aloe. These are ingredients known for their nourishing, soothing, and calming effect on the skin. You’ll also find Glycerin in it, and it is there to help hydrate the skin for a radiant and welcoming everyday look.
- Contains a powerful botanical antioxidant blend
- Works to maintain skin’s natural acidity
- Helps protect your skin while reducing inflammation and irritation
- Helps to reduce flare-ups, making it perfect for all skin types
- Strong enough to remove dirt, makeup, grime, and oil without leaving your skin dry and tight
- Has formula particles and not smooth when applied on the face
- The smell can make you want to wash it off quickly
Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser
Do you want a face cleanser that will keep your skin healthy? Get the Clean and Clear Daily Pore Cleanser. Its foaming formula is, by design, going to tackle excess oil production and the resulting shine. It does its work gently but effectively and won’t leave behind any residue. Add it as a part of your everyday skincare routine and trust it to deliver a fantastic job.
- Cleanses and help keep skin looking healthy
- Works to remove excess dirt, oil, and makeup impurities from the skin
- Designed to remove impurities and cleanse skin without over-drying gently
- Features a unique oil-free formula that cleanses without leaving behind any residue
- Helping to prevent future breakouts and treat acne
- Feels sticky on the face
Glytone Mild Gel Cleanser with 4.7 Free Acid Value Glycolic Acid
The base ingredient of this cleanser from Glytone Mild Gel is Glycolic acid. It’s known to be a gentle but effective cleanser for getting rid of impurities and excess oil that may clog the pore and be of adverse effect. It will also reduce aging effects such as wrinkles and fine lines. You can trust it to even out your skin tone and texture.
- Gently cleanse away impurities for skin and makes it feel smooth, soft, and refreshed.
- Works to remove excess oil, dirt, and dead skin that can block pores
- Made with round micro scrubbers to effectively cleanse skin deep down the pores
- Cleanses without over-drying by creating a rich lather
- Works well for all skin types, including combination, oily, and normal combination skin
Now that we’ve provided you with a list of the best facial cleansers for oily skin, we believe we’ve made it easy for you to decide the product that best suits your skin type. Most of these suggested products come in a naturally formulated mix of ingredients. Only pick the one you find most suitable for you.