When dealing with sensitive skin, alcohol-based products are not, anywhere, a friendly tool. That’s why you need to avoid such products without hesitation. You will also need to avoid other harsh ingredients because they can leave your skin inflamed, itchy, and stressed out. That’s why the search for the best toners for sensitive skin these days is no longer an easy task.
However, as we’ve always done, we have it covered for you. So, we have a curated list below of some of the best toners for your sensitive skin. Read what we write about each product and choose whichever one best suits your needs.
|The best toners for sensitive skin||Why we love them|
|Proactiv Hydrating Facial Toner for Sensitive Skin||
|Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner||
|THAYER'S Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Facial Toner||
|Neutrogena oil- and Alcohol-Free Facial Toner||
|Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner||
|Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Calming Toner||
|ISNTREE Green Tea Fresh Hydrating Face Toner||
|InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner||
|Yes To Cucumbers, Soothing Calming Toner||
|Yonka Lotion PS Toner for Sensitive and Dry Skin||
What Toner is Best for Sensitive Skin?
Brands use different ingredients to make products, so the answer to that question is broad, and we may not capture it all under this explanation. However, we can categorically tell you that alcohol-based products are not the best for sensitive skin. They make the skin feel dry and stressed. Therefore, if you’re searching for a product that will work for your skin type, you want a product made from organic products such as we have listed below. Instead of irritating the skin, many of such products will cause it to feel refreshed, nourished, and tender.
Best Toners for Sensitive Skin in 2023
Proactiv Hydrating Facial Toner for Sensitive Skin
An alcohol-free and botanically-rich toner designed to help prevent the skin pores from clogging. It does these workings by removing dead skin cells and excess surface oil. The glycolic acid it contains is there to exfoliate the skin and help to unveil the vibrant skin underneath. Besides the glycolic acid, you’ll also find botanical extracts such as one from chamomile, aloe, witch hazel, allantoin, and vitamin B complex. This combination will help to refine the appearance of pores and soothe any form of irritation.
- An alcohol-free formula that sweeps away impurities
- Smooths the appearance of your skin
- Helps balance skin’s pH, tightens the appearance of pores, and maintains moisture
- Let your pores shrink and block out future break-outs
- Help reduce excess surface oil, minimize irritation, refine pores, and stimulate healthy tissue growth
- It can make the skin feel dry
- It takes time to record significant result
Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner
Sensitive skin types need special care. If your skin is of that category, you need a product that shows the skin-tender care and how much you cherish it. So, when you find products like the Heritage Store Rosewater Toner, which can soothe the skin of its irritations, embrace it quickly. This product is rich in moisture and designed to sweep away impurities while it hydrates the skin intensely. You can trust it to refresh your skin senses and offer you a perfect pre-makeup routine preparation.
- An ultra-hydrating toner that helps to refines pores
- Replenishes moisture with sodium PCA and hyaluronic acid for a more youthful glow
- Helps to reduce the occurrence of wrinkles and fine lines
- Clean formula made with Damask Rose Oil and Aloe for all skin types
- Wipes away impurities, tones and reduces the look of pores
- A thick gel-like formula that makes the oily face overtime
- You may need to apply a lot to cover your entire face
THAYER’S Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Facial Toner
Made with the combination of witch hazel extract, filet of aloe vera, Petal Toner, and rose water, this toner will make your skin bloom. The rose water in it is a combination of sugar and natural oil that will restore the loss of water in the skin that feels dehydrated and bring out your skin’s dewy, natural, and glowing complexion. Witch hazel and rose petals naturally work in tandem to help the skin pores control oil production, keep free radicals out of the pore, and lock moisture in. They also form a high level of therapeutic tannin that helps your skin feel and look its best.
- Formulated to cleanse, moisturize, tone, and balance the skin’s pH level
- Helps to constrict pores, control oil production, and acne, provide an antioxidant boost and soothe the skin
- Certified organic and pore-cleansing ingredients that impart a natural glow to your skin
- Made the old-fashioned way and in a dermatologist tested-for-safety fashion
- Featuring classic ingredients used for nearly two centuries
- It seems the formula has changed compared to earlier versions
- It contains Phenoxyethanol—a chemical you should avoid when pregnant
Neutrogena oil- and Alcohol-Free Facial Toner
Lay your hand on this alcohol-free toner from Neutrogena and use it to help refresh your skin. By design, it will work on toning and cleansing the skin without taking away its natural moisture, give additional moisturization, and therefore, refreshes the skin. It has a gentle but effective formula that removes impurities and helps to recondition the skin. It will quickly absorb into your skin pore and will not congest it but leave it clean and fresh. This toner is what you need to complete your daily at-home, do-it-yourself skincare routine.
- Help to purify, cleanse and refresh skin without stripping its natural moisture
- Contains mild cleaners that work to remove impurities gently
- An alcohol-free face toner that helps to recondition the skin
- It is non-comedogenic so that it won’t clog pores
- A gentle Toner that cleanses and refreshes skin without causing irritation
- It contains fragrance
- Not packaged safely—does not have seal or plastic wrap on top
Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner
An average and effective toner should do more than tone the skin just like this product. It adds the effectiveness of cleaning and refreshing the skin to its primary function. The alcohol-free formula, by design, will help you to maintain your skin’s natural look by reconditioning it and removing impurities. The result of this much attention on your skin is a radiant skin balance. It makes you feel fresh, clean, relaxed, and without tightness for a healthier and softer look. It contains 98% natural ingredients such as distilled witch hazel, glutens, enriching rose water, etc.
- A gentle, alcohol-free, hydrating toner
- Generously offers the enticing benefit of its rosewater ingredient
- Exclusive formula with 98% natural, distilled witch hazel
- Removes impurities, moisturizes skin, and refines pores
- Enhanced with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E
- Contains artificial fragrance
Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Calming Toner
Forget about the hype that several skincare products in today’s market enjoy; you deserve a smart skincare choice. That’s what this skin calming and recovering toner from Paula’s Choice offers you. If you genuinely care about the effectiveness of the products you use, then this toner should be your go-to product. It boasts of effective formulas—ones that are safe and backed by many years of research. It will help you uncover the truth about your skin and present your skin in a way you’ve probably never seen before—all glowing and young-looking.
- A hydrating toner that both soothes and nourishes
- Helps to revitalize and moisturize dry, flaky, and sensitive skin
- Calms redness and reduces the symptoms of aging while it infuse the skin with its antioxidant properties
- Gently delivers vital ingredients like skin-restoring agents and essential lipids
- Reduces the effects of free-radical damage and environmental stress
- It takes time to give significant results
- Makes a face feel oily over time
ISNTREE Green Tea Fresh Hydrating Face Toner
This green tea fresh toner from ISHTREE is a fresh and light toner designed to help you control sebum secretion and moisturize the skin—especially sensitive skin types. By design, you can choose to use it as a face mask—you only need to put a few drops of its content on the cotton pad and place it on your face. It begins to consume excess oil on the skin and helps to care for your skin texture. It prevents the skin from secreting excess sebum and hydrates it for a balanced skin pH.
- Formulated with non-irritating, natural ingredients
- Helps to restore oil balance and moisture on the skin
- Providing all day and night long moisturization
- It will be absorbed deeply through the skin layer in seconds without heavy feeling or clogging the pores
- Relieve skin stress and irritation and revitalize your skin
- It has a watery consistency
- It doesn’t spread well over the skin
InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner
It introduces you to a Vitamin C facial mist toner made from advanced ingredients. Each mist delivers a soothing and skin relaxing experience—especially for dry and sensitive skin. It goes deep and rooted into the skin pores, therefore, helping to increase the skin’s elasticity. With as simple as a single spray, you would have prepared your face to become more receptive to absorb nutrients more efficiently. In summary, it’s an astringent skin toner that ensures your skin maintains its beauty and health.
- Combines Glycolic acid because of it exfoliating benefit with powerful fruit acids
- Refines the skin’s texture, by design, without irritation or dryness
- Designed to support the skin’s natural renewal process
- Decrease dehydration and the occurrence of aging signs such as fine lines, wrinkles, etc.
- Helps to prepare the skin to absorb moisturizers and serums better
- The scent isn’t welcoming; some people will find it offensive
- It gives a burning sensation within the first two minutes of applying it
Yes To Cucumbers, Soothing Calming Toner
Cucumber is a proven skincare item and has a track record of consistently improving skin texture. So, when you find a product whose base ingredient is cucumber, that’s an indication that it’s an effective skincare product. This toner is one of such products as it’s good at removing residual oil, cleansing the skin, and removing excess makeup from the skin. With a combination of other effective ingredients like witch hazel, Aloe Vera, etc., you can be sure it will deliver a nourishing, calming, and refreshing experience.
- Helps to keep sensitive skin feeling balanced and beautiful
- The formula is enriched with cucumber extract, Witch Hazel, and Aloe Vera
- Its formula combination helps to balance, hydrate, tone, nourish and calm sensitive skin
- It’s a refreshing, alcohol-free toner that gently cleanses residual oils, dirt, and makeup
- Formulated without parabens, Silicones, and SLS
- Contains excess oil and can make the skin feel sticky
Yonka Lotion PS Toner for Sensitive and Dry Skin
It’s a perfect blend of five essential oils, free from fragrance, parabens, and alcohol. It will deeply hydrate the skin, purify and tone it while visibly helping to tighten the pore. It can be interesting to know that it will help boost your mode while it naturally soothes and refreshes the skin—especially dry and sensitive skin types.
- Optimizes your skincare routine by refreshing and purifying the skin
- Contains five essential oils for a multi-beneficial toning and refreshing effect
- Helps to control excess surface oils and mattifies the complexion
- It refines the look of pores, soothes skin, and energizes the body
- Composed of 99% ingredients of natural origin
- Too thick for a pump-action dispenser
Skin toners are effective when you know which one to pick. Many people struggle with sensitive skin issues and believe that the problem cannot be dealt with; however, when your sensitive skin comes in contact with the Best Toners for Sensitive Skin, you discover it is not as tough as you think. To make the search easy for you, we suggested some products above. Check them out and pick anyone you consider the best for you.